yes, I mind.
So let me start from the beginning. Yesterday, because of a forum post– I went in search of an Astrology Application Program Interface [API]. I did not find exactly what I was looking for, however did find a feed.
So then I spent two hours or so– searching for astrology signs amongst the many character sets offered by the Mac Character Palette. A google search finally provided the character set I originally used to create the graphic on the right. This years ago, for my first news service– MarylandWired. At the time– I used the MS Windows character palette and Image Composer to create the graphic.
Because I do most of my graphics work on a Windows platform– there were many times I asked myself why I had not pulled out my netbook and created these graphics.
How did I do this on the Mac– the platform where I do not normally purchase software to manipulate graphics?
- I inserted each sign into a text edit document that I set up to use WingDings. Setting the text color to the burgundy highlight color I use on WiredPages.
- The first problem I ran into– even though the TextEdit application provided options to set the text color and the document color [probably meant all the text characters in the document] I thought it meant the background color. Because the document background is white and the color I wanted to change it to very close– I did not notice at first it did not work. Anyway– looking for a way to set a document background color on the Mac took some time. Why didn’t I do this on my netbook– how many times did I say that? Lots.
- I also wanted all of the files to be of a uniform size– so I had to crop the screen- grabs within GraphcsConverter– ensuring the images where symmetrical. Once or twice I did not grab a large enough image so I had to re-grab.
- Somewhere in the middle I thought I should open another program on my Mac, that was already experiencing memory problems because I had about 15 Firefox windows or tabs open, one or two Safari windows, Skype running, had watched a couple of YouTube videos and had not rebooted since earlier in the morning. It was about 5:00 pm when I was doing all of this. The program I decided that could save me– OpenOffice which also requires X-Term. My Mac almost came to a screeching halt.
- So then I tested GraphicsConverter [a Mac program] to see if I could fill the background with a color. Yes I could — but it turns out I initially used a resolution that was too high so had to re-save all of the graphics files. I also use ImageJ on both the Mac and Windows– however I opted out of playing with this program to see if it could solve some of my initial problems.
All of this– and I have not even gotten to the program itself. It should be easy- but because it will be a little complicated– I waited till this morning [after I exercise] to start work on it. Last night, I exercised, showered and worked on another interface I started Sunday– but it is not pretty enough to install just yet.
I am writing this post to tell you– that if you think I do not mind that you take the proceeds from my sites and hard work– you are mistaken. I mind.
You want to be Smart? I suggest you not offer– why didn’t you do it on Windows. I would be reminded of the republican congress women– Marsha Blackburn that reminds me of one of Pat’s early kids– does not look like her husband and looks older than the rest of them– holding up a document and pointing things out. I do not owe– Pat’s pompous bastards.. I do not even owe her husband’s kids.